Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Great Book Everyone Should Read

Since I am not taking any summer classes this summer I decided that I was going to do some educational reading. This was my first book choice and it has been the best one I could have chosen. Temple Grandin is a very special person with Asperger's Syndrome. Aspergers is on the mild spectrum of Autism. Temple is the first person to give us an inside perspective on Autism. I have learned so much from her. She describes in her book how she was diagnosed with Autism as a baby, how she graduated from highschool, graduated from college, and got her PH.D. Most people with Autism are given a label that they will never live up to anything. Grandin takes that label and throws it into the garbage. She provides insight on how to treat an Autism student, how to help them learn, and what parents should expect and do when they have an Autistic child.

After reading this book I feel even more like this is the path I need to be on. Working with special education students is my calling! I cant wait to be done with school and actually get be a teacher, have my dream accomplished, and my passion for working with students started. Again I really recommend this book, even if its just for some good reading.










1 comment:

Skyler said...

It’s a good post which describes about the child with Aspergers Syndrome. This can be cured by proper teaching and love towards the child. There are some schools which help to overcome the disorder and make the child to be normal as other children in the surroundings.