Thursday, January 8, 2009

Torn

Well I had my orientation at Northern Illinois University today and it didnt go anything like I had planned. I found out that I will be there for 3 years and not 2 which makes me very unhappy. Also im very torn on what to do about my major, im trying to decide if i want to major in early childhood ed and get my masters in special ed. or do my major in special ed. and get my whole 3 years paid for my the state because of the shortage of teachers need for this field and get my masters in early childhood. Ive wanted to be a teacher my whole life and now i just cant decide what is the best decision for me. I dont want the free schooling to decide my choice I want it to come from my heart and what I feel I want to do for the rest of my life. So im asking if everyone could pray for me to help my decision go a little bit easier. Maybe God has a plan for me and Im just not listening hard enough.

God please show me the way and let me help children, they are all special to me no matter what their abilities are. Just help me decide what is best for my future!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you explain a little more what the difference would be? It looks like you will still get degrees in both special ed and childhood. Does the order make a difference in what you can ultimately teach? Just curious. As some one who is STILL paying on student loans, I can tell you if the difference is minor, go with the 3 years paid. God will lead you in the right direction.

Amanda said...

Paying for your education is a pain in the butt but just make sure you follow your heart and listen to which way God leads you because you do not want to regret it. And don't worry about being in school for 1 more year if that is what you have to do, when it's all done that extra year won't matter.
I wanted to be finished with school so I could stop adding to my debt but now I wish I would have stayed longer.
It's a tough decision but it will work out for the best!

Anonymous said...

Whatever you decide, you'll be working with children - something you've always wanted to do. Don't stress over it. I'm proud of you!Wanie